Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Anwar Al-Awlaki

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member PV2WISE2VCU's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2011
    Location
    Wise, Virginia
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Anwar Al-Awlaki

    I have been busy and haven't been able to post on this but what says the LPD Sports Forum? Should he have been killed without a trial?
    [img]http://gifsoup.com/view2/3012246/uva-wisepuntreturntd-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anwar Al-Awlaki

    Definitely an interesting question considering his citizenship. I do believe, due to national security, it was best that he be eliminated. IMO, if you associate yourself (much less become a leader of) with a group, or country who is out to attack the US, you are giving up your citizenship. There was once a provision within our laws where if you did fight with a foreign army you gave up your citizenship. This was overturned when challenged by a Jewish man who had voted in an Israeli election by the Supreme Court who says this right is protected by the 14th amendment. I won't disagree/argue with someone who feels as though he should have been only brought to trial too much, but IMO I am okay with it when he is visibly out to harm the US and those who live within it. Potentially one a very high level.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anwar Al-Awlaki

    Isn't the death penalty still on the table for being a traitor, especially in times of war? If you are a traitor, no punishment is too light or too heavy. The very definition of a traitor is a that of a citizen who has conspired to topple our government and and that is exactly what he did. Most all traitors are put to death where they stand, wih no trial. Thier actions speak for themselves. The only exception was Benedict Arnold and we all know why he was not executed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •